The Adventures of the Mountain Kiddos!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

MMMMM - CHEESY!

Today is Sunday. We at Casa Zamora enjoy a lovely breakfast every day, but we especially enjoy weekend breakfast.

Today I was making waffles for the family when I recalled something my friend Laura shared with me about waffle making. Her husband has diabetes and in his childhood home they made cheesy waffles instead of the sweet variety.

So, I gave it a shot. And you know what - they were great! Levi was the first to taste and he was instantly a fan. When I made more Madigan and I were also converts! How fun to have a new delight!

We didn't put anything on them, we just ate them plain. This would be good instead of toast with eggs because the cheese gets quite crispy and delicious.

So now you know. When making waffles add some cheese. Either to the batter or just sprinkle some cheese on the top of the batter before you close the iron. And then - YUM!